Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dear Jesus: Giving others a chance

Ahhhhhh! It has been awhile since I have written.
What have I been up to? Well, nothing much. In the summer I have to create a summer program for my students, so I have been focusing on creating a summer program. What else? Nothing much really. I have been studying spanish here and there and currently I am hoping to get a teacher or to join a spanish class. I have practiced the guitar here and there, but I have not really continued with my songwriting. This month I have joined a gym because I am on a mission to get in shape, fit and to remain healthy....I have a wedding to attend in a few months. Ummm..,that's about it. I know that I need to learn how to prioritize especially within the next few months I have some personal goals that I would like to achieve, but I need to focus on one goal at a time, so I am going to give my priorities over to God in prayer so that I can get my priorities right. Ahhhhhh, what else? I am sorry if this blog may seem a bit boring at times, but I will do my best to make it as interesting as possible. Although what I blog actually reflects how I am feeling and my thoughts at the moment. Because of my lack of trust of others sometimes, I have lost many opportunities to get to know others or just share my testimony and encourage others. Specifically, this has been the case for me in the past 6 months, but I prayed that God would just have me to trust Him and not others and to take advantage to share the gospel and to encourage others. I am shy naturally and sometimes I just get too shy around others and sometimes I do well. Anyways, God is good. I met three people within the past 6 months who approached me for help or conversation, although I did not give out my number, I did pass along my email. They have emailed me and now I have decided to create friendships and whenever possible provide them with the help that they need (simple-help with improving their English conversation skills). Before I guess I just would have made up a reason in my head and a justification to go along with why I would not be able to help out, but now I thank God that He has allowed me to give people a chance and to use these opportunities as ways to help....and then witness to them about Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment