Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Dear God: My New Years Resolution

I promise Jesus to talk with you and indirectly to others through this blog. The new year is approaching and if you spare my life to see the new year, I will be grateful, but saddened because Jesus, what have I done for you? I want to live everyday with an urgency for sharing the good news of your love and eternal life with the lost. The new year I will make a life resolution, just as Jonathan Edwards did. However, my resolution will be to live with the urgency of YOU coming back within the hour, and with two fears: the fear of giving an account for everything I didn't do while knowing the truth and everything I did that did not reflect YOUR love through me. The second fear, which should be first is rather the reverence I owe to YOU because I understand now that no one can be right with you except through faith in YOU because You came to die on the cross, so that if anyone believes that You died for the sins of the world including their sins, and confesses themselves to be a sinner and turns away from their lifestyle of offending you and their desire to serving you then they will have a fulfilled life not only here, but eternal life with YOU after they die. No one gets out of this world alive and when a person dies, they will either live with YOU forever or out of your presence forever. Jesus, I am extremely happy that YOU died for me. I HAVE to let others know.

I feel now I have more of a testimony to share with others. Growing up and attending church for many years, but never really coming to understand the simplicity of the Gospel until now. It is so beautiful isn't it.

I want YOU to be the focus of my life and I don't want but another moment, much more a year wasted doing nothing for preparing others for eternity. How do I stay focused on YOU while living in a world that is turning upside down.

I am listening to John MacArthur now and he is talking about staying focused on you through prayer, meditation in your word and self control. Self control is the key then Jesus. I want to study Your word everyday.

The more I think about it, the more I see that I need to dedicate time to studying and sharing your word, that is the only way I can be satisfied in making you happy. I want to be faithful and changing my selfish attitude to a selfless attitude is difficult if I don't continue to renew my mind with Your word.

So, now Jesus I am praying for YOU to place me wherever YOU want me, open doors and close others until I can be where YOU want me to be just so that I can focus on YOU and your work. When I write, I want to glorify YOU in my writing, when I speak with others, care for others anything I do in my actions and even when I have to remain silent I want it to all be for the glory of God. I want to help other believers, my mom and dad and my siblings and friends who have put faith in YOU to contribute to YOUR work: sharing the Gospel message however, whenever and wherever possible.

Jesus, YOU know there is no time left. Time is running out. Anyone can take a look at the world today and see that the future has no hope. I know that the world is living in perilous times that the Bible talks about. How is it that so many Presidents of countries have died within the year or last few years? Leaders of countries and nations. Also Jesus I look at all these famous people, celebrities that are also dying. I know You are calling everyone into judgement one by one and only YOU know Jesus whether a person has truly confessed their sins and put faith in YOU. I don't want any souls to be lost, but I am disappointed because I have become so comfortable with life that I have not even fought vigorously to share the Gospel with others, but now Jesus I promise. I thank you for the desires and ideas that YOU have given to me and I will run with them and pursue them through YOUR strength, through the strength of the Holy Spirit. Jesus I love YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment