Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Back home- A new journey

Thank you Lord for bringing me back home safely. The flight was long and although I had a window seat I didn't really spend much time looking out the windows. I peeked outside my window a few times  and tried to envision Heaven among the clouds. My flight back I kept thinking about the heavenly journey one lady had told me about. A student sat beside me, I would say a university or college student preparing to study abroad, I wondered Lord how I could share the Gospel with him on the flight. He asked to borrow my  pen and I had to ask him to get up when I was taking a washroom break, but besides those minimal conversations we didn't speak much. Arriving at another airport terminal and getting ready to transfer onto my connecting flight this time I sat beside an older gentleman who was really focused on his Ipad applications (Ipad or tablet, I can't say for sure). Lord I wondered if he knew you and although I read my Bible and fell in and out of sleeping (I get really tired on planes) I didn't get to talk to him specifically about you Lord. I need boldness. Lord empower me with boldness. I only want to see souls, lost without you.

Returning back home and back to this environment has been a bit difficult to adjust, just because everything seems different Lord. I am thankful that you have a plan and all though I cannot see it I know you have me here for a reason. I am thankful that you are changing my mind about "work" and all "work" is an opportunity to glorify You. As I enter the schools for my practicum, I pray Lord that I will submit my life, attitude, actions and thinking all to you, that you may mold me. I have a lot to learn and characters to develop. Help my faith to endure. 

Yesterday I visited a church for the first time since my flight back and  the pastor talked about the lies that the enemy has spread throughout the world, and it is so strong that people believe it. As Christians if we know the truth that this life is futile and we are created to be in direct fellowship with you Lord and a relationship with you brings about true freedom and also a living hope with you to live again in your presence when we die. 

God I have given into the enemy's lie so many times and I am thankful that you showed me a relationship with you is walked with a Spirit filled life. I need to always be filled with the Spirit. Jesus everyday will be a great day because it is a day to serve you Lord. 

I was listening to Adrian Rogers (Integrity: Don't Leave Home without it) and Jack Graham (message on faith) and it was interesting that they both touched on integrity and "work" I have been out of work for the past 6 months and now I am ready to get back into the swing of things and while I was out of work I tried to serve more in ministries, but I realized the serving was futile without restoring my relationship with you. While getting to know you better I had my up and down moments, many moments of awareness of your love for me and my wretchedness as a sinner with futile works that could never be good enough. I really learned more and also that I am always a missionary whether I am on the field full time or working flipping burgers in a restaurant. No job is insignificant, God you place people where they are as you unfold your plans. As a believer in Christ nothing is just random. 

I am sorry for whining, complaining about my past jobs, not developing my character and getting caught up in heartless and halfhearted work. God whatever you give me to do I will always do with excellence as I if I am serving you. 

Yesterday I helped a family member paint a house and while in the past I would moan and groan about how difficult it was and even quit halfway through I was more delightful. I want to work and work hard and love even the nature of working because it is a way Lord to witness for you and to be obedient to You. I love you Lord and what I do I will do for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment