Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Dear Jesus

It is never easy starting over. It doesn't matter who you are or what you are starting over on. I can remember a time when as a student I made the silly mistake of not saving changes to an essay, and the thought of starting over was enough discouragement for me. I have been trying to hear your voice, but I haven't been seeking you earnestly. I am discouraged, but I will never give up running the race and pushing towards that which you have called me too. Even if it means returning to the starting line and starting over that is what I am committed to do. I am sorry that I have taken a few things for granted and that I have compromised my alone time with you to oversee other tasks. I am committed to you. I always need to remind myself that I can't do things in my own strength, but with you I am more than a conqueror.

I am starting over and I am encouraged that I am not alone. Starting over will not be easy, but I find confidence in God and knowing that with Him I am more than a conqueror.

For the past few months, I have been doubting others and making assumptions about people's intentions. Opportunities for me to help people turned into me thinking and questioning others sincerity, and whether some people just wanted to take advantage of my generosity. I noticed these assumptions came from a bad experience I had with another individual I had trusted. I had not quite forgiven this person, but as of today I let it go. Jesus, if I should have temptations to revisit this past experience or should I be tempted to have wrongful thinking or want to make assumptions or even talk about the individual in the past who had let me down, please I need you to give me a scripture on which I can medidate. From today I entrust my thought life to you, I will not dwell on the past mistakes of others, I will examine myself. Please help me to admit my own mistakes and wrong doings and to take everything to you in prayer rather than making hasty decisions. Help me to no longer be complacent or lazy concerning the things of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment