Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

It is not by works!

"When you sing, think about the words. Can't you see what it is saying, it is so powerful." As a young child, I was part of the children's choir, not by force, but I loved singing. Although I was never good with harmony, I could belt out a tune. I use to listen to a song over and over again, studying the singer's every vocal movement. I knew when to take a breath and when and how to change my voice to sound exactly like the record. If it didn't work then I would try and try and try again until we were almost one voice. I did think about the words here and there and often with slow ballads, which were my favorite to sing. Slow songs often transferred so much emotion whether it was a song about love or pain, the ballads of instruments coming together with a vocalist helped me to connect with the song on an emotional level, even if I could not relate to the lyrics, it made me think about how I would feel if I had such an experience.

Words, they are so powerful.

Lord, this week has been a good week for me. Despite celebrating your birthday, I was so touched by understanding the Gospel. Okay, I know I have said this before, but just when I think I have a full grasp of the Gospel in its simplest form , you introduce me to more vivid images and examples that simplifies it even more and makes me truly understand the essence of eternal life.

I began sharing the Gospel with others and this is something that I am guilty of not doing. I am guilty of being complacent in my relationship with you and trying to use you as a Savior for the times when I am in most in need. Jesus I am so sorry and I apologize for my selfishness and selfish desires.

I really didn't understand your word and I have no one to blame, but me. I was too wrapped up with this world, you know.

Someone has come over, so I will finish this thought later, but I am so happy that I don't need to do anything for salvation and neither does anyone else. You did it all. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment