Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Commitment, Perseverance and Prayer- How Bad Do you Want Success?

Lord, I'm falling, catch me please. I will persist in prayer, although I feel unclean and unworthy to come before you. Thank you for your grace and mercy, your mercies are new every morning and this my soul knows very well. Yesterday I watched a video of a motivational speaker and some of the things he said were very true...he talked about perseverance and described it as wanting something really bad. It got me thinking: "You are my one desire!" Do I want to experience your love really bad? Do I want to love you and follow you really bad? Do I want to know you better really bad? If so, what am I doing. I brush off prayer sometimes to feed my other desires and appetites,  but I need to understand that prayer is most crucial. I compare myself to others and the things that I should do I don't rather the things that I shouldn't be doing I do. Well, no matter how many times I have to approach your throne Lord, I will come, but I will remember that I can't be presume and use you whenever I feel like.

Lord help my unbelief, kill my flesh and selfish desires, help me to consider others first. I really need a group of Christian friends who can encourage me. I need an accountability partner and team of prayer warriors who can intercede on my behalf when it seems like I can't go on.

Lord I thank you for the visions that you have given to me. I still hold onto the vision of world revival although it seems like the only thing I need right now is to revive myself. Lord restore to me the joy of my salvation. I still believe! And I am holding on! I want to be like Job and though all the hardships in my life weigh me down, though You even slay me, yet will I serve you.

I pray for the person on my mind, who seems really weak and does not have a personal relationship with you. At times I can look at that person and say there is no way, your life is too dirty or you've done too many bad things-that is the human response, but God with you ALL things are possible and you call sinners to repentance. No one is perfect! SIN is not categorized on a scale before you, but sin is sin and we are all guilty, even those that may consider themselves to be more righteous, We are all in need of your grace and mercy and your gift of salvation that comes by FAITH alone in Jesus. I thank you for sending your son to die for everyone and this person too. I pray that you move in this person's heart, reveal yourself to them in your own way. Help me to continuously humble myself and FEAR you, so that my life is pleasing to you. Integrity is what happens in the dark when no one is looking. Father I want to trust you more and I pray over the battle in my mind, sometimes it is so easy to run to people for their perspective on how to solve a problem, but Lord I pray that I would consistently perservere in prayer and bring all my needs, wants, desires, thoughts, before you. May my faith be pleasing to you. Father please forgive me because I have taken my problems to others before coming to you.

As I continue my day remind me of service to others, the time that you have given to me and I pray for more WISDOM in my speech, thinking and most importantly actions. it hank you that you are going to do a marvelous thing and although I can't see it I am resting upon your promises. May I always always always admit when I make mistakes and ask for forgiveness and destroy pride and conceitedness because that is not of you.

I just want to love like you love Lord,that is my full time job. To love not those that love me, but also my enemies and in my loving and my response to others may I cotinue to be focused on one thing planting seeds and the saving of souls.

I thank you for your forgiveness and your love. Amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment