Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

What's happening with our world today?

All over the world we can see an outbreak of violence. Isn't is scary? I know the Bible warns of these things that are coming and so for the believer we can easily put things into context, but how about those Lord that are so caught up in the roles of everyday life that they are slightly bothered by the problems in the world or just brush it off as a phase that will slowly pass. I thank God for Jesus. I thank God that there is a living hope. I couldn't even begin to imagine how I desperate and hopeless I would feel if I didn't have my faith in You to lean back on. It's not easy! Trust me and Lord I am sure you know...when everyone else is living the reality and you are stuck here, not perfect, just human like everyone else and constantly being tugged back and forth between living the normal life like everyone else and living life that you have called me to, believing in Jesus and telling everyone else about the provision you made for humanity, that we don't have to be afraid of death, but there is life after death, and eternal life with you, in the presence of God is not based on all the works we did here on earth, but solely on the fact that we believe that Jesus paid the punishment for our sins, the sins of the whole world and because we believe in Jesus we are all justified with eternal life forever.

The prisoner doesn't have to fear if he repents of his or her sin and trust in you.
The celebrity doesn't have to fear because all his riches and money and celebrity status won't get him or her into heaven, but simply faith in Jesus.

I love you Lord and it is difficult at times to live this life. I sometimes toil between walking in the flesh (living the reality) and walking by faith (living the eternal reality). Sometimes I see things and I desire it too, but hearing others' testimonies and their endurance in the faith, encourages me and it uplifts my spirit. I can't wait for what else God has in store for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment