Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I try to do right, but sometimes I just mess up...working on my relationship with God

Dear God, 

It feels like I am back at square one. Why can't I walk without slipping? I know now that prayer is life.  Now, that I am challenged with so many relationships, I need to understand how to live out my role in those relationships. The most important one being with you. I know I have been relying on myself lately for everything. I should know by now, my strength can only take me so far and my wisdom compared to yours is folly. It makes no sense trying to rush things because I should know that your time is the perfect time and you are never too late or too early to intercede. 

School is becoming a bit stressful, but I just keep reminding myself that it's only a few months. I feel like I've lost focused on my relationship with you. I keep making mistakes when it comes to my relationship with other people. What is it Lord? What do I need to work on? I know "trust" is important and I trust you to tell you everything because you know it all already, but sometimes with others I put my personal desires and wants before them.

It's difficult. 

Lord help me not to compare, or to fall into the trap where I become worried about my reputation and what other people may or may not think about me. Who cares? 

Lord remind me that it's all about you and not me.
My priority is to work on my relationship with you and everyday pray more, prayer is communication with you and how can a relationship grow without communication.
For every big or small need Lord, I want to take everything to you in prayer. 

Faith
Lord sometimes fears and doubts creep in, but I don't want to RELY on my own reasoning...It always fails me.
Although my flesh is weak and the Spirit is willing, draw me to my knees in prayer. 

Give me wisdom, change my perspective, remind me of your love not only for me, but for the whole world. Remind me of the mission of "saving souls" and redeeming the time, rather than satisfying my fleshly desires.

Lord, you know my needs, help my unbelief, I am trusting you to PROVIDE in YOUR way and in YOUR time. 

Restore my relationships with others, remind me it is not about me.  but about you and other people. 

Change my view of giving, I always think about myself and what I can do for you if I just have this and that ...I always see myself as investing rather than spending...when there is need Lord, and if I can help me to meet that need and not think about saving, it is better to obey than to sacrifice. 

Keep me humble and if I make a mistake help me to admit my wrongdoings, I can't live up to PERFECT because only you are PERFECT. I love you, forgive me for my stubbornness and for not sharing your love with others. I have been disobedient forgive me Lord. 

Lord provide or show me the way you want me to go. Lord in terms of writing, music, relationships, employment...give me the strength and let me follow your lead and not rely on my own works. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment