Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Jesus

Today I played the piano. I am so happy and thankful that I have the opportunity to learn the piano. As a young child I always loved music and I would have loved to take music lessons and although I never had the chance to do so because of certain circumstances, I am happy that you have given me the chance to learn. We are never too old to learn and so today as I experimented with the white keys on the piano, with your help I created beautiful melodies. I still need to work on the lyrics for the musical piece, but I have an idea to tell a story with the lyrics. I want to talk about how sometimes in this life we make mistakes or get caught up with living just for the now and our biggest mistake, leaving you out of the equation of our life, but life means nothing without you. There are those most confusing times when like the prodigal son we return back to you, but only for awhile to return to our own sinful and selfish ways. There are those times when I ran back to you for good I pledged, but it was if I couldn't hear you anymore.During this time I wondered if I grieved the Holy Spirit to the point where I could no longer hear from you. I was always reminded that you would never forsake me.

I am more determined than ever to get up brush myself off and know you better. I am more determined to  rekindle the flames of my relationship with you. This time I don't want the flame to burn out. I want to keep falling in love with you again and again. Everyday I want to live my life for you. Everyday I want to live in your presence. I realize I live to trust you and I realize my life means nothing without you.

As I think about the words for this song I think about the scripture 1 Corinthians 15:19 "If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men the most miserable (pitable)" I want to know the fullness of salvation living for you not for what I can get out of this life, or only when times get tough, but to know you  personally during my lowest points and highest points in life. I want to live also knowing I have hope to see you one day. I hope I can translate these feelings into a song.

To be continued-
"One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may fdwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the 2beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple."
(Psalm 27:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment