Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dear Jesus

What is this blog about anyways? I don't know how you will use this, but I hope that this may work for your glory, whether to speak to someone's heart miles away or to show how great you are in my life. It is amazing how you can change the direction of where I wanted to go with this blog. I first envisioned this blog to be a story, something that I could continue to write everyday; however more of an autobiographical story of my life. Yes, I wanted to add on a new chapter each day, but you changed the direction. Instead I find myself writing about the now rather than the past. It has become more like a personal diary to you, and open for the world to read. That's okay with me.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I started thinking about life, the future that awaits not only me, but this whole world. I think so many people are hurting in this world. The rich, the poor, the mighty and the weak and we live in a chaotic world that cannot satisfy our soul.

You know I was thinking about going back to school to seal the deal and become a certified teacher, but then last night I started thinking about studying the Bible. Imagine me as an evangelist, a missionary going throughout the world and telling others about an eternity with no more suffering or pain, no worrying about finances, no addictions, no depression, no one to judge you, no mistakes. I don't consider myself an eloquent speaker and sometimes I think perhaps I am less experienced to get in front of people and start talking, but I know that if you touch my lips and tell me to speak your word, it will be done.

How would you feel if you were told that you could start all over again? Your past, erased, all the mistakes you made, forgotten. How would you feel if in this life you could live by faith knowing that all the chaos in this world would soon pass and your faith would become sight. You would one day live in an eternity where the only chaos will be perfect order, no more tears to dim our eyes ever again. How would you feel to know that there is someone that loves you so much, more than your husband, more than your family, more than the person who tells you they love you everyday. How would you feel to know that this person loves you so much that in fact they actually died a painful death so that you could one day spend eternity with them in the eternity where there is no more pain, no more death, no more hurt and no more tears. How would you feel to know that you do not have to be a billionaire to enter this place, and this place is more beautiful than the top ranked most beautiful islands on this earth. How would you feel to know that it simply takes faith in a man named Jesus to inherit all this? What! My sins forgiven, a wedding to someone who loves me more than my mind can conceive, and an eternity with this person forever all through faith in You Jesus.
Jesus you gave me an opportunity to speak with a lady today about You. She is a Christian, a new convert of a few years. I asked her how she came to trust you as Lord and Saviour of her life and she let me know that her and her family were going through some very difficult times and she ended up looking up to you, she started believing there must be a God . I thank you that you are opening opportunities for me. I want to study your word very well and to speak up for you. Please teach me also how to listen to others. This is something I need to do more of. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment