Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

Dear Jesus---Another Day

Dear Jesus,

I am about to start my day and I have drafted a mental list of what I need to get done. Cleaning and laundry is on my list as well as working on my application. I will also need to plan a few lessons, but maybe I will start this tomorrow because tonight I promised to meet up with a friend and also I wanted to take some photographs. I think I will save cleaning for later and begin with this application as I have much to do and the deadline is quickly approaching. I may decide to apply to one or two more schools abroaod.

Jesus, why do people become so defensive when they hear your name? I have dealt with a few that do not want to get into a discussion about you at all. One day on a train over here as a person came on the train with his Bible preaching about YOU, one man threw curses at him and then began to cover his ears. I thought the covering of the ears was quite childish, however altogether I wondered what triggers within people to hurl a set of curses with someone sharing something about YOU. I think you have showed me that if I really am to get into a field of missions overseas I may run into many challenges, including different types of personalities.

Anyways so I was watching a documentary on missions and in the documentary a reference was made to C.S Lewis. Now, I have always heard about him and pastors refer to him in their sermons, but now I think it's time for me to study more about his life. I actually have a mental list of random people, situations and events that I would like to learn more about. I like learning about history and specifically world war histories as well as Christian history (the emergence of the Church and the history of Christianity). I would add these to my ever growing list og goals. Nothing is impossible with You.

I prayed today and I prayed that I be given strength to not harbour feelins of stubborn, jealousy,pride, partiality etc and other feelings that have appeared in my life. I want nothing to do with them. I remember what was said to Cain: if you do what is right, will you not be accepted? but if you do not do what is right sin lies at the door and its desire is for you, but you must master it. So I believe that even though some feelings come into my life, if I just hang on to the word of God I can overcome such feelings. It is so hard because the human emotions are so strong, but God is stronger. So now, it is important for me to be grounded in the word of God. The Bible says we should study to show ourselves approved onto God. I know I need to do this more. I want to be able to defend my faith when someone ask me a question about it and not to be all wobbly and all over the place.

Anyways, I am going to try to write more often and update my blog. This is such an ordinary blog, but I believe YOU can use the ordinary to speak to others even if it is just one person. I know that the angels rejoice in heaven over one sinner who repents. I guess I should start my tasks now. I want to accomplish as much as I can in a day for YOU and to be productive about how I use the time that you give to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment