Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dear Jesus..what is your will?

I am sitting here just thinking. You know I think that sometimes I have the tendency not to be a good listener and I say this because I am always in a rush to get things done and so sometimes although I ask for opinions and answers my mind is moving too fast to actually take time out to listen. It seems as if I am always on the go and that is how my life has always been. Today though I am listening to the sermon of Jack Graham and I really just want to soak up everything he is teaching. The scripture he is explaining is proverbs 3.

These are some notes from the sermon that I have jotted down in no particular order or format:

Remember and never forget God's wisdom.
Do not be foolish but understand what the will of the Lord is.

First I need to choose to pursue God's wisdom in my life: keeping God's commandments and obeying God. God will give me the wisdom that I need to make the right choice. These days are evil so we need to make the best use of our time.

Every decision I make, opportunity, idea, circumstance, opinion, relationship and everything I have I need the wisdom of God. We can trust God with everything we have.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

I learned from this message that I need to trust in you 100% and in all areas of my life even if this may bring situations that require me to step out of my comfort zone. I need to live in the promises that you have given me.

My story: How do I share the gospel?

Jesus a few weeks ago I met a young man on the bus well not thaht young but maybe in his late twenties or even early thirties, and honestly at first when I saw him walking in my direction I was like oh gosh please don`t let this person come up to me just because I didn`t feel like trying to sustain a conversation for the train ride.

Anyways he still came up to me and I managed to just endure the conversation until I got off the train. On the train I asked if he atteneded church and he said he could attend, but he is muslim. So, Jesus I took down his email and said I would shoot him a mesage.

Jesus I have not emailed as yet, but I guess I should soon eh?

Jesus you know my heart I just want to serve you with no strings attached and Jesus I pray that you will be able to work in this person's heart. He has been livving here four years now, but maybe a visit to church and a message will change his heart.

I haven't done this in a long time Jesus, but please bestow upon me wisdom and knowledge so that I may be able to lead and tell others about you. I will email him.

No comments:

Post a Comment