Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Dear Jesus

I just love waking up to the hot sun peeking through my window. I love it. It reminds me a little about my childhood days. I loved playing outside in the drive way and skipping in the front yard. I loved running to the fence in my backyard to speak with one of my neighbours. I loved most of my childhood moments. I loved pretending to dig for treasure in my backyard, or taking our parrott outside underneath the apple tree and reading books under the apple tree until the sun went down. I loved playing baseball and riding my bike to the park. If I could do it all over again, I would relive my most enjoyable childhood moments.

Now, many years later I am still very much dependent on YOU, but trying to figure out what next? Everyone has a purpose no matter how purposeful they may feel so what purpose can I serve?

Yesterday I wrote about some resolutions to try to do as much as I can for YOU with the time YOU bless me with. I feel that as I look back on my experiences I have not always been diligent or quite wise when it comes to using my time wisely. Even today, I had drafted a mental plan of what I needed to do then distracted myself by trying on outfits in my closet, and for no purpose. These little distractions are what often consume my time, so I am happy that I am now aware of it and can work towards redirecting any distractions.

Yesterday I visited a young man who was leaving to travel abroad. He said that he wanted to visit Europe and explore the country. He was sellling some odds and ends before his departure. I bought a nice fan for the hot summers. I listened to him as he talked about his interest in photography, his passion to learn languages and to travel. He had a great idea to take a picture each day of something that makes him smile.

Jesus YOU make me smile. Even when I am so frustrated, upset, something about YOUR words that touch my heart and make it come to life again. I want to know YOU more and to know YOU all the days of my life. Each day I want to discover something new about YOU. Some days I wake up and I just dont feel lilke doing anything...I cant describe the feeling, but YOU know it

I am quite excited that I can write to YOU, which is my way of talking more to YOU each day. I want to get to that place in my life where I am thinking about YOU 24/7. Love. I want to love YOU more and more. This is my desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment