Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dear Jesus

Today was a busy day for me I had to run a few errands, meet up with a friend who will be travelling back home soon, and I also had to pay some bills. My plans for the day were somewhat distrupted by the few tasks that I had to take care of today, but I am happy that I was able to stick to one of my habit goals: to follow through on my word and meet up with my friend. I had to wake up quite early in the morning and although my body really did not feel like it, I kept thinking "follow through"

I just woke up from a three hour late evening nap. I think it was from all that walking around  in the morning. In my sleep I wrestled with thoughts of YOU. Actually the words I kept thinking is I want to love YOU more...I want to be lost in your love and not find my way back home from here...Your love excites me, your love confuses me. I thought maybe I can revise these words and use them for a song. I am not sure.

I know for sure that I haven`t been living up to the full potential that you perhaps have called me too. I am determined to change, but determination means nothing if there is no change. I am going to try harder, but one of the lessons you have taught me is that I can`t do anything in my own strength. I need you in everything. My prayer is that you give me the strength and desire to follow through not only with everyday commitments in this life, but my biggest commitment to serve YOU. I just want to take all the determination in me and put it into action. I want to stay focused and not lose sight of why I live and my life`s purpose: to glorify YOU. The scripture says that the chief end of man is to glorify YOU and to enjoy YOU forever. David even said I was happy when they said to me let us go into the house of the Lord. I want YOU to be the first thing I think about it in the morning, the last thing I think about in the night, everything I think about during the day. I want my wants to be my only desire that I live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment