Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dear Jesus

I went to the morning church service today and the pastor shared a message on obedience.   The message spoke to me. I have been disobedient, and many times I know I have done things my way. I am listening to a radio broadcast now and the pastor is saying the same message that I heard this morning. I watched the video of Jeremiah yesterday and I was reading a book on the train today both pointing to the same message. The main message I get from this morning's service, the radio broadcast and the book is that I need repentance.

"The saving faith includes calling people to repentance. It is inherent in believing and believing is inherent in repentance. Repentance is turning from sin towards God."

I need to be humbled and I repent. Many times I came to YOU for awhile and then turned back to my own foolish ways of thinking and doing what worked best for me. Was I really repentant? Was I really sorry or just overcome by emotions?

I get it now. So clearly. YOU died for my sins. My sins put YOU on the cross. Without YOU there is no grace or mercy. Without YOU I and the rest of humanity would have got what we deserve: the wrath of God, but because of YOU, I have hope and something to live for: YOU.
I just want to live for YOU. I just want to share the hope that YOU give me with others, to reassure them there really is more to life than getting caught up with living for the world, most importantly the decision they make in this life will affect their eternity.

Forgive me for the pride I showed, for not forgiving others, for turning my back on you countless times. Sorry for the lies, selfishness, all the violations I commited against YOU, I forsake all these now and fully turn and devote my life to YOU. Yes, it is amazing how YOU can reason with a sinner and though my sins are as scarlet, YOU offer to make them as  white as snow. I thank you that YOU hear me and forgive my sins. I am ready for this new life. I can't do anything on my own, God YOU even grant the gift of repentance. YOU brought this realization. YOU opened my eyes and my heart.

The radio broadcast that I am listening too shared the following truths with me:

The three elements of repentance:
Turning to God
Turning from evil
Turning to serve God


There are 2 types of people:
People who pretend to be obedient but are rebels in their heart
People who begin as rebels but repent

There is no salvation apart from repentance.

Jesus, I wholly devote my life to YOU. Your desire is my desire and your will is my will. Life would be miserable without YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment