Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Human Trafficking...Suicide...God I am ready for YOUR justice.

I am lying down in bed, today I heard  a sermon about the human trafficking victims in Cambodia and how a man gave up his promising career to try and rescue and restore these girls. I also watched the Nefarious documentary. Although I knew a little about human trafficking the documentary really brought me deeper into the issue. I thought about YOU Jesus and how much you love each and everyone of these girls trafficked into sex prostitution. Yet these girls are hopeless, feeling worthless as they have been treated as cheap merchandise and at times even animals are treated better than them. I have been lying down quietly, I don't even know what to think Lord or how to think. How does a mother sell her daughter to pimps so that she can eat her daily bread, would the mother not choose to starve? Have people just become so desensitized to this way of living and onlookers and those who have freedom to fight for justice just plain and down right complacent? If so, then Lord break our hearts, break my heart, as someone with freedom looking in at these issues of human trafficking and not just human trafficking, but other issues such as suicide, Lord I want my heart to feel the intense pain that these victims feel. I want to hurt like they hurt, and hurt with them, I want to cry with them, I don't want to feel satisfied with the comforts of life when across the ocean, families are selling their daughters just so they can get the basics of life, although some also sell because they want a better lifestyle. YOU have showed me that my I can depend on you and that there is POWER in the gospel to set the captives free, even the most oppressed, vulnerable and those treated as worthless, in my eyes they are more prepared to accept YOUR love which is DIFFERENT from what the world gives.

What next Lord? I know that I don't have to wait to feel equipped before I act in faith. NO! All you require Lord is faith and availability. The just shall live by faith. Lord today I give over my desires, my plans, my gifts that you have given to me, my passions and even my faith. God take these and show me what you will have me to die for. Everyone is looking for a cause for which they can dedicate their life too. Lord in sickness and in health until death brings us together in the place you have prepared for yours and those who love you, use me to live out your heart for justice, to loose spiritual and physical chains of the oppressed. I may not be qualified by the world's standards. but I am thankful that you continue to reveal to me that you are the KING of the universe. I love you LORD, let's go get this world! In the process if I get wounded and hurt, yet will I praise your name. In this process, if I seek to even get the slightest perception that I have done everything in my own strength, humble me Lord with your mighty hand. I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment