Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Taking time out

I packed a bag, took with my Bible, a few articles of clothing and toiletries and jumped on a train heading  the road 4 hours  in the opposite direction, away from my home. This week I wanted to spend time working on unfinished goals and projects that I got distracted from, I wanted to also get to get some quiet time away from the busy city to just reflect on my relationship with God. I thank God that I had the opportunity to get back into the swing of writing. It has been forever since I sat down to write stories.  I use to love writing as a child and I could do it for hours. My imagination was much more vivid back then, but then I stopped, not writing completely, but I shifted my focus to songwriting. I have been thinking about the past lately and how I had dreams of becoming an established author and publishing books. Honestly, I just got distracted with the perils of life, my instability and inability to just focus on one thing at a time, I guess worked against me in actually accomplishing one set goal, but God is good and God is faithful. I can never rule out how God works and when he works. Lately, I have been writing more and God is reviving and restoring my passion. He has showed me so much about faithfulness and not saying "I can't do this or that." I use to hear so many times preachers add in their sermons that God just wants availability and it is so true. Availability and willingness is what is needed for one to be used in mighty ways. I am learning that God shapes and moulds us through situations and so who cares if I am not qualified or not to write. I will tell the Lord my fears and commit all my thoughts and concerns to Him, but most importantly I will draw closer to Him because the more I do the more he shows me His character and moulds me into His image. I want to live as Christ did and imitate Him. Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment