Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

My Foundation

I went for a walk. As I walked I asked you Lord to speak to me I wanted to hear you clearly. I was mostly quiet for the entire walk, just praying in my heart. As I began to walk alongside the river I saw stairs by the river, but on the other side of the river. I couldn't cross the river although it would be the quickest way, but in order to get to the other side of the river I had to walk around. Around? That meant at least another 30 to 40 minutes and although I thought "forget about it!" I really wanted to sit on those stairs. I had walked on the same side of the river and always postponed going to the others side. Tonight would be the night! As I walked Lord, I thought about the times that I just gave up, doubted and disappointed you, but I promised you that no matter how hard life is or how tough things get even if I am knocked down and take time to get up, I will keep believing in you, keep holding onto my faith. When I finally made it to the other side of river I sat down on the stairs and listened to the rushing waters, it was amazing to hear its sound knowing that it is not a water tap that humans can turn it off, I marveled how the water close to me stood still but a few centimeters further in it rippled. It took me awhile before I noticed that across the river from where I just walked there were similar stairs....I could have sat there, but I didn't notice that there were stairs. Sometimes we have to go across the river and travel further to see the whole picture. On my walk to the stairs I noticed stars and tried to count them, I think I counted eight. I never really noticed the stars here before. All creation testifies of YOU. Lord you are good and your mercy endures forever. I pray that my faith may endure, Lord I want to stay grounded on You. You are my foundation.      

No comments:

Post a Comment