Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Gospel

Yesterday I went for coffee with a friend. It had been awhile since I had seen my friend and so we took time to catch up. I also had an opportunity to share the Gospel with her, but Lord I pray that I will continue to be persistent not through my own strength, but through the strength of the Holy Spirit. I pray Lord that I will persists to have the same mind that Christ had and that I don't become complacent for one second in my faith, even when the temptation is so strong to be distracted that I draw nearer to you even more during this time. Lord I pray for my friend, I pray for her faith Lord that she will think about what we discussed yesterday and Lord that you will make the Gospel even more clear to her. You love her Lord as you love the whole world and it is not your will that anyone should perish, but  that all should come to repentance and accept salvation that is found in You and You alone. I pray Lord for my walk with you. I am sorry that at times I have been complacent and have compromised. I have fallen into the temptation of distractions and turning my attention to other things, not focusing on planting seeds in the lives of hurting and desperate people. On my way home yesterday, I passed a woman who sat on a bench outside of her apartment sobbing into her phone. Lord there are so many people that have problems, that are relying on their own good works and efforts even achievements to fulfill the longing inside of them, but God we were created (human beings) to have fellowship with you and unless we come into fellowship we will always be seeking for fulfillment in things that cannot satisfy. I pray for her soul, I pray Lord that you will have someone come and share the Gospel with her, how much you love her and that forgiveness is found in you. Lord you can change her life around, only you, shift her perspective. After this life,  creation (human beings) will have to give a report to the Creator (God), including the sins that we have committed, even as small as a lie...sin is sin. However, although sin may be categorized by us human beings as one sin being worse than another (murder worse than lying) to God who is HOLY sin is sin and it is all the same. The Bible likens lust to adultery and although as human beings we justify one sin being worse than another because of the human standards we compare it too, it is all sin to God and sin must be banished. I may see apples and categorize them saying these are big apples and these are small apples, but at the end of the day they are all apples. All sin must be punished...God is a God of love, but God also demands justice. If this is so, that means as human beings since everyone sins, we would also face eternal punishment once we died, BUT THANK GOD that He sent Jesus to die for our sins. God loved us so much that He sent His only begotten Son and the Bible says if we confess our sins and believe in our heart Jesus died for our sins and repent, then we shall be saved. So now we are justified by our faith in Jesus Christ. Standing before God, I don't have to rely on all my good works...."Yes I am a sinner God, but look at all the good works I have done, surely I made up for all the sins I committed..." Now I can say " Yes, I committed sins, I know I am a sinner (small or great), but I put my faith in Jesus as Your word says, I know all my good works can never justify my sins, but my faith in Jesus does and because I trust Jesus and the fact that He died for me and the sins of the whole world on the cross, His righteousness is imputed onto me...I am saved! Jesus is my advocate!

Lord thank you! It is not easy imitating you and your love for others in a world that is all about competition and self seeking, but because my hope is in you I am willing to deny myself and follow you until you call me home. Work reallllllllllly hard and share the Gospel that is able to save people's souls. Eternity is forever! I desire to see world revival and people coming to you. Lord break my pride, I only want to be proud of You. Lord as my flesh wars against me to do what it feels like, remind me of your word. This is a fight! a spiritual battle and as we walk around this earth, we can't see visibly that the enemy is always planning..he hates when we try to tell others about you and will do anything to get us to keep our mouths shut. Meanwhile people continue to turn to the things of this world to find love and satisfaction in a boyfriend, girlfriend, money, careers, travels etc, but these only give them temporary pleasures. I desire to see these people just try you Lord and see that you are good and always satisfying. The enemy will continue to deceive them and tell them lies about who you really are. I pray for believers to stand up and pray pray and pray. Lord may your Spirit move, may believers rise up and fearlessly pray and share the Gospel with everyone. May shackles be broken and people's hearts be moved to hear the Gospel and make a choice, a decision to commit their lives to you. Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment