Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I plant Lord, but you give the increase...Amen

Yesterday I had planned to do some writing. However as I sat in a coffee shop, I was introduced to a lady. We had begun a conversation of our lives and backgrounds and then touched on the topic of God. She had squirted the question of death and shared that once she dies she believes that she will just fall asleep. My heart sank Lord. As I listened to her, I realized Lord that she was trying to find her identity and that it was as if she neglected your word (the Bible) based on the fact that she had read it and did not agree and that her idea of you Lord was based on what she could intellectualize. I told her that the human standard cannot be compared with a absolute HOLY standard and if so, it would just show us our sinfulness as we are all sinners in need of forgiveness. It was quite difficult to get through to her Lord, especially because she was a wordsmith, in love with reading books and studying frameworks, but God I held onto faith. I know Lord that I can't only tell her, but show her your love. I pray that the Gospel will be translated every so easily in her life and that she will encounter you  and when she does I know she will never be the same again. Lord, I thank you for giving me your peace, not as the world has, but a peace that passes all understanding. I thank you Lord that I may plant a seed, but it is YOU who gives the increase. Jesus you are coming back soon. God thank you for showing me that there is no partiality with YOU. I want to be conformed more into the image of Christ each day, from now on and forever more until you come back for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment