Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One life to live and after the judgment

I see souls. God from now help me to only see souls, not people. Souls destined for an eternity with you or an eternity without you. When I look at the world from this perspective my calling is more urgent to tell others about you. It is so easy to get caught up with the worries of this world, focus on working and saving up to buy a nice house someday, for a family, for future investments and retirement. I know now that I would trade it all Lord, this world is fading and I would trade all the riches in this world and give it up just to focus on eternity and seeing souls be saved to live forever with you. 

I desire more of you, to love you more, to show your love to others. I am so thankful for your grace and mercy. I use to rely on my good works and compare myself to others, but God you showed me that in your eyes there is no partiality. You love the guilty, the prisoner, the liar, the thief, you loved all of us in our sinful state that you sent Jesus to die for us on the cross and now when I stand before you when I die, I don't have to go through a bunch of reasons, excuses or even present to you the good works that I have done because I have nothing good to offer to a Holy God. Even if I lived a good life and gave to the poor, one little lie that I tell makes me guilty of your law. No human being can live perfectly or present themselves righteous to you, but because you sent Jesus anyone that puts their faith in Jesus Christ and trust that he died for our sins will be made righteous NOT by our works, but by faith in Jesus. 

Many people will meet the grave trusting in their good works, but come to find out that all their works are futile. The decision on how we choose to live our lives and if we place our faith in Jesus or not must be made before we meet the grave, because when we die our decisions are irrevocable.

God I want to be a faithful servant, remind me that the pleasures of this world are quickly fading and only what I do for You Lord will last. God I want to see souls from now on and with an urgency demonstrate your love to others. I want others to see a difference and ask for the joy and hoe within me. I desire to live for you and only you and I want the angels to be rejoicing in heaven as souls are ushered into your presence. My confidence is in your Lord and help any unbelief. The Spirit is willing, but my flesh at times is week and will sometimes be enticed by the desires of this world. I pray that I will be filled with your word so that I may be able to flee and fight temptations. Continue to reveal yourself to me. I love you Lord, you are my one desire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment